Friday 18 November 2011

Countdown

In 12 days and 15 hours time our little family (minus the pets) is headed to Australia.

I'm so excited about so many aspects of the holiday - mostly to do with family and seeing them again, but also to do with all the new experiences Kalani will have while we're there.  Beach, ocean, sun, outdoor swimming pools, sand, being naked and not freezing important parts of your body off.

I'm also looking forward to cafe's.  Somewhere you can for a coffee, or a wine, or a beer, or a meal, or a snack, or anything.  I love cafe's.

I'm looking forward to being warm.  In fact, I'll probably be far too warm the entire time we're there, but I don't care.  It's going to beat the bejesus out of being here in the cold, damp, dark dankness.

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait.

In fact, I'm so excited about the whole holiday, that I'm blanking out the beginning and end parts from my mind.  The 'getting there' and 'getting home' parts, which are probably going to be horrendous.

How do you keep an active 1 year old on his mother's lap for 14 hours straight?  On 2 consecutive days each way?  Well you're right - it's not possible.  At least we won't get DVT.

There's a quote about focusing on the journey and not the destination.  Hmmm.... I don't think so.  For my sanity I'm going to focus on the destination, and my family, and the cafe's, and the warmth, and the beach, and just being on holiday.

Anyway, enough about that, only 12 days, 14 hours and 23 minutes to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment