Saturday 23 March 2013

Recharging

Kalani and Dan are upstairs having a nap, and I'm downstairs, sitting on the couch with a cup of tea.  It's quiet and peaceful, and even though I'm surrounded by laundry that needs folding, groceries that need to be put away and a toy explosion, I'm not moving.  I'm retreating into myself for a few minutes and enjoying just being.  

This kind of thing doesn't happen very often, does it?  The opportunity to just sit and be.  It's nothing to do with your situation - no children, or 3 children.  Full-time worker or student with an evening job.  Retired grandparents or studying teenager.   Whatever your life is like, it's always full and busy and there's not that many times in a week, let alone a day, that you get to just sit.

So that's what I've been doing.  Liffey meditation.  No list-making or planning what's going to happen next in the day.  Just nothing.  And it's lovely.

For a little while.

And now I can hear some stirrings from upstairs.  A rustle and a thump as Kalani climbs out of bed, up and ready to play.  And I'm glad to end my alone time and get back into the bustle and chaos of Life.  Recharged and content.

Happy weekend peeps. 


No comments:

Post a Comment