Sunday 25 January 2015

Insane In Da Membrane ...

... Insane. In Da Brain ...

Remember that song...  from the *cough* 90's?  Ahhh - loved it.

Anyway.  Have you heard of Insanity?  It's a crazy workout DVD series.  Each session is anywhere between 45 minutes to an hour long, and the main aim is to make you throw up because it's so flipping hard.

Yes, well, last year, when I turned 40, Dan gave me the Insanity DVD's for my birthday.

!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!

Yup - seriously!

I'm not really sure how he managed to do that and still lives. He has the knack though of making everything seem so happy and un-mean.  Schmoozer!

So, given that I actually did need to do some kind of exercise, I started last October.  The program is meant to take 9 weeks.  It took me 13.  It also didn't work.  I mean I did almost throw up every time I did a workout, and it made me insanely hungry, but when I finished I didn't look like the girls in the DVD.

Waste of time?

Well actually no.  Here's the thing.  I really enjoyed it.  So much so, that when I finished I felt kind of lost... until I got a hold of the next Insanity DVD workout set - a 30 minute version with the same trainer.

Anyway, the actual workout isn't the point here, it's the fact that doing exercise makes me happy.

*gasp*

I quite honestly NEVER thought that I'd be the type of person who did exercise because I enjoyed it.  But I do now.  If I miss a few days I get down, and I even miss the crazy trainer.  It feels like he's a part of our family (I know that Dan won't mind because I'm pretty sure he feels the same - ha ha!).

And another big upside (apart from the happy beans), is that now when someone asks me what I do for fun (which is the kind of question I HATE being asked, because before I'd mumble something about reading, eating cookies and guzzling wine), I reply ...

Going Insane!



No comments:

Post a Comment