Thursday 22 March 2012

It's oh so quiet

Tonight I have the house to myself.

Kalani is upstairs sleeping, and the cat is lying on the couch next to me, happy and content and deep in feline slumber.

Normally I get a lot of time to myself, but we're having some work done on our house at the moment, and so we're staying with Dan's parents while this is being done.

Now don't get me wrong, I love being around people, but I also need to be by myself too.  

I need the time to recharge and unwind and think and reflect and to just be me.  Not a mother. Or a wife. Or a daughter-in-law.  Or a work colleague.  Just me.

"Hi me, I've missed you."

Things are really busy right now.  I'm starting a new job in a few weeks so there's been a lot of interviews, discussions, meetings.  We're living out of suitcases.  Our house is a building site.  We're frazzled from spending so long each day commuting back and forth.  We're very very tired.

But things are also good.  

Each day brings us a little closer to completed bathrooms and us being back in our house.
Each day also brings Kalani and I a little closer to going back to Australia for a visit in June.
Each day brings the warmth of a summer a little bit closer.
Each day Kalani learns new words and surprises us with his use of them.

Life is good.  And right now I'm as content as the cat on the couch next to me.  

It's oh so still.  Shhhhhhhhh 

No comments:

Post a Comment