Saturday 3 March 2012

Friendsick

Since I wrote that post, I've received messages from so many people.  People that I'm friends with on facebook, but haven't spoken to for such a long time.  People that I thought weren't really in my life anymore.

It didn't really affect me until the other day when I received a message from a girl (eek - I guess we're women now) who I met at my very first job.  In 1995.  That's a long long time ago.  We met in Brisbane, but kept in contact through numerous moves around the world, and I actually thought that my last move was it, and that we were now out of touch, and then she sent me a message.

And it made me so sad and so homesick.  Though I guess it's not homesickness, it's more friendsickness.  I really miss friends.  I miss you all.

I miss 'Culture Days' with Chantal - where we'd make a token visit to an art gallery/photography exhibition/museum, and then hotfoot it to the pub afterwards - smug in the knowledge that we'd earned our drink.

I miss going to the pub on a Sunday afternoon with everyone who lived on Strand on the Green, and eating pub food, while drinking boozes and ensuring that Monday was going to be even more painful than it already is.

I miss after work drinks with work colleagues in Chiswick.  I miss kick-boxing with Jane (remember that Jane - we were literally kick-ass back then!).  I miss weekend trips to Leeds to visit an amazing couple, who now have an amazing family.  

I miss going to the bowls club/golf club disco's in Weipa - though I don't miss what we used to wear!

I miss you all.

So this is just to say 'Hi' to everyone who's reading this.  I'm so glad that you're still part of my life, and I wish that all of YOU would start writing blogs too so that I feel like I can be part of your lives as well (Nat - obviously you're ahead of the game here!).

Big big big love.

(I just read over this and realised that I'm turning into an uber-softy.  I blame old age)

No comments:

Post a Comment